Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Information we collect includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, date of birth;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK;
- evidence of qualifications or professional memberships.
How is the data collected?
Livewire Digital Ltd may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does Livewire Digital Ltd process personal data?
Livewire Digital Ltd has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
For how long does Livewire Digital Ltd keep your data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will hold your data on file for 6 months.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file (electronic and paper based) and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where Livewire Digital Ltd is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Sonja Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.